[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.

Jon Simpson me at jonsimpson.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 15:49:35 BST 2010

Hi Christian,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM, cljacobsen at gmail.com
<cljacobsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Do you have any idea how much work it would be to revive the RCX port
> so we can get it into a current release? I think I remember you saying
> that you had done some work in that direction. Hooking upload into the
> current jEdit environment should, at this point, be quite easy once
> the firmware is done.

As this conversation has come up, I've been looking at completing the
work I started there. I hesitate to provide a timescale, but I'll be
taking a look at it over the next couple of weeks. It's clear that
best course of action is to bring the RCX back up fully supported and
developed status.

As far as integration goes, Carl & I discussed the NXT and RCX as a
pair when considering uploading, and his `brickload' tool does already
support interactions with the RCX and NXT over bluetooth on Mac, Linux
and Windows - ease of integration was the consideration in approaching
things this way. Having a single tool for both new platforms should
make the eventual jEdit integration less painful.

So not much concrete, but watch this space?

Cheers,
Jon