[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.

Matt Jadud matt at concurrency.cc
Sun Sep 12 17:40:11 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:47, Sam Ducksworth <sducksworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Every once in a while the RCX locks up and I have to pull the batteries and
> start from the beginning. It is rough but it works.

Hi Sam,

That's impressive work. Thank you for posting that here.

It should be said that the RCX code is old, and revising it is on the
medium-term to-do list. Our current version of occPlug doesn't even
support the RCX, because we know that serious work needs to be done to
re-build support for it properly. Because of the difficulties of the
IR towers (and different tools for uploading on every platform, and
the lack of an open specification for the system), we haven't
prioritized support for the RCX the same way we dove into supporting
(say) the Arduino and, in time, the NXT.

We'll continue to do anything we can to help you explore the RCX, but
at the moment the core team isn't poking the RCX with a stick. We're
glad to support any explorations/work in this direction, though.

Keep up the excellent hacking, and keep us in the loop.

Cheers,
Matt