[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.

Jon Simpson me at jonsimpson.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 19:23:30 BST 2010

Hi Sam,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Sam Ducksworth <sducksworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was finally able to download programs to the RCX using the workaround below:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - I'd been gathering the kit
together to try out that version of the RCX code. I have uniformly
only used USB towers with the port, so it wouldn't surprise me to
learn that there's something up with the version of `firmdl' (the
software which knows how to send srec's to the RCX via the tower)
we're shipping when used with serial towers.

Essentially the jEdit plugin runs firmdl with different flags to do
the things you're doing with BCC. Since you reported that the download
firmware option in jEdit seemed to work, that would seem to suggest
the failure with firmdl isn't total. Does uploading program code from
jEdit still fail after you've uploaded firmware to the brick from BCC?

The rest of the workflow looks standard for the brick - the
inconsistency in chirping on pressing the prgrm button is a little
strange, the 'upload beacon' (little triangle thing at the side)
should show when the brick is ready to receive code too..

I'll look into getting hold of a serial tower and a windows computer
with a serial port this week to see if I can see anything obvious. The
reports of problems are really helpful though.

Cheers,
Jon