[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.
sducksworth at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 16:47:46 BST 2010
I was finally able to download programs to the RCX using the workaround below:
1) Open the IDE and use the plugin manager to change the Lego tower port to an
unused COM port
2) Compile your RCX program with the IDE.
3) Download and install the Bricx Command Center (BCC) package.
4) Open up BCC and you should see the dialog "Find Brick". Set the following
values and click 'Ok'.
COM port: <your RCX com port here>
Brick Type: RCX
3) Go to Tools->Download Firmware. Select the 'lego.srec ' and click Open. This
should start the Download to the RCX. If everything is successful you will
hear the 'rising chirp'.
4) Once the firmware is downloaded toggle to power button on the RCX. You
should see 0042 on the LCD screen. The RCX should be ready for your program.
5) Press the 'grey' Prgm button. (Sometimes it chirps sometimes it doesn't).
Go to Tools->Download Firmware. Now select the compiled version of your
program 'something.srec'. The click Open. This should upload your program to
the RCX. If successful you will hear the chirp.
6) Now press the 'green' run button to start your program. Press the green
button again to stop your program.
7) To download another program I had to do the following:
- press the Prgm button
- wait 5 seconds
- press the Prgm button again ( this time getting the chirp )
- download the new program to the RCX.
Every once in a while the RCX locks up and I have to pull the batteries and
start from the beginning. It is rough but it works.
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Sam Ducksworth <sducksworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> I am using serial tower using COM1. The link seems to be fine as I am
> able to upload the firmware to the RCX...
> Downloading brickOS firmware
> Transferring "C:\Program Files\Transterpreter\lego-rcx\lego.srec" to RCX...
> -- snip --
> firmdl3 completed sucessfully
> Nothing seems to work after uploaded the firmware.
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Jon Simpson <me at jonsimpson.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Sam,
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Sam Ducksworth <sducksworth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I powered off the brick and downloaded the Transterpreter. I had to
>>> toggle the on/off button to get the screen to display 0042 (and the
>>> walking man animation). There is also a 'V' symbol on the left of the
>>> When I press the Prgm button nothing seems to happen and the following
>>> error message apears when attempting to upload a program.
>>> Uploading: simple-motor-test.srec
>>> [C:\Program Files\Transterpreter\bin\firmdl3.exe, --tty=COM1,
>>> /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Transterpreter/bin/firmdl3: no response from rcx
>>> dll exited with error code: 1
>>> Maybe I am still missing a step.
>> What kind of tower are you using with your RCX? If it's a USB tower
>> you'll need to go into the plugin preferences and set the tower port
>> to USB. If you're using a serial tower, the message implies it's
>> either not plugged in to COM1 or somehow not ready (low/no battery)
More information about the users