[CCC DEV] Dropping Windows, Mac

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Thu Apr 25 01:28:11 BST 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Carl Ritson <C.G.Ritson at kent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Going forward, I don't think there are any immediate plans to use the
> TVM/KRoC toolchain for teaching at Kent in the next academic year.

Good to know.

> its a reasonable option.  I suspect that the majority of issues with
> platforms (such as Windows and Mac) are largely build difficulties and
> requirements for supporting tools (like Perl) rather than issues with
> the code base (ignoring 64-bit).  This means that as long as you don't

It's just about build issues and workload at the moment. My (selfish) goal
is to get to the point where it is easy (again?) to use the Arduino with
occam. Making sure the 32- and 64-bit Linux builds are good (which they
are, essentially) should let me host a compile server and meet my needs
without handling the changes in tools that are part of the native
Windows/Mac builds.

I don't anticipate doing anything that creates more work. Tell me if it
looks like I am, as that isn't the intent.

Cheers,
Matt