[CCC DEV] Branch question/confusion

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Wed Apr 24 13:27:17 BST 2013

Hi Martin,

OK. Sounds mostly reasonable. I'm going to suggest a change or two, since
we have so few active developers.

1. Do work in own forks/branches.
2. Pull requests for review.

I doubt we can hold anyone accountable for anything, but it is a good
thought.

In terms of branching and releasing: back-merging anything sounds like
work. Unless we can justify the time, how about if we just tag at stable
points. Declare major revision updates when a big feature comes in.
Otherwise, let the past in the repos be the past? (Or, if you prefer, give
me a good reason why the back porting matters? I don't see one, but I'll
admit that I haven't thought about it.)

Cheers,
Matt