[CCC DEV] Branch question/confusion

Martin Ellis ellism88 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:09:27 BST 2013

What I was suggesting was.

All work is done in our own forks/branches.
We make a pull request and someone else in the team must review and pull it
into master when we are happy with it.  This way we get code review, and
these two people become responsible if something breaks.

Branching and tagging for release is separate.
We make a 1.6 branch off of master, this is not committed to directly, all
new work goes into master, we just cherry-pick bug fixes from master.
If we want a new feature, or master and 1.6 diverge so far that we can no
longer cherry-pick bug fixes we make a new branch from master and bump the
6.
Tags signify releases on a branch.  They should be done at stable points.
1.6.0 is the first stable point on the 1.6 branch.
We make new tags after pulling in fixes from master and when we think it is
stable.
We Tag often...?

does this sound sensible?