[CCC DEV] Branch question/confusion
matt at jadud.com
Wed Apr 24 12:37:57 BST 2013
I'm unclear about the branch tagging question.
1. Tag at known good points, and
2. Do all development in trunk?
1. Tag as we start work, and
2. Do development in a branch?
With git, it seems like the natural workflow is:
1. Tag releases/feature points
2. Fork to explore/fix.
3. Request merges to bring them into trunk.
4. Branch for extended explorations
I'm sure there's a workflow description out there for using git
efficiently. I guess I'm just wondering /confused by the recent branching
conversation---why would we do all our work in a branch, and then... merge
back to trunk, as opposed to doing our work, and tagging at a point that we
might want people to do a checkout?
Or, did I confuse things horribly? I spent a good chunk of time with a
screaming baby last night, so do please excuse the confusion.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the developers