[CCC DEV] Invoking occ21 under Windows?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Wed Jul 18 18:24:38 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Christian Jacobsen
<cljacobsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> note that it says { -option } i.e.: use -help :)
> -z gives you even more help as far as I remember.

EXCELLENT! Christian still remembers how to use occ21. He is allowed
to stay on the island. (That question was a test, actually, not me
being dumb.)

> There might be a few more variables involved. Check what occbuild does
> (and why are you not just using occbuild in the first place???)

There was a reason. I forget what that reason was. I will revisit that
reason. It may be because occbuild gets generated with information
about the installation location, and I'm not doing a TVM install, but
instead...

OK. So, perhaps I should have the students install the TVM package,
and have the "flow" environment be installed with it. But, that was a
bit more work than I was ready for while I was still
testing/piloting/prototyping. The amount of time being spent on the
"hack" approach is still small, and worth it to support investigation
and testing. However: yes, I do believe I'll want to roll this into
the tree, and have it be built properly (and bundled into the install)
with everything else.

I would, admittedly, rather do that after a move to git, if that is
still underway. Or, if I can help, let me know.

Cheers,
Matt