[CCC DEV] Genuinely confused by cross-build, resulting errors

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Sat Feb 27 10:36:17 GMT 2010

Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> writes:

> Serious-occ21- cannot open file "forall.lib"

Your script configures with --prefix=$SRC, installs there, and then
copies the installed files to a different location that occbuild, occ21
etc. will have no idea about. I think you need to pass some extra
--search options to tell it where to look for the standard libraries:

  --search /opt/occam/avr/share/tvm/avr-vtinclude \
  --search /opt/occam/avr/share/tvm/avr-vtlib \

Alternatively, you could set the ISEARCH environment variable in
arduinocc.

If you know you're going to put this in /opt/occam anyway, why not just
configure with that location in the first place, then have arduinocc
source avr-kroc-setup.sh as normal? KRoC supports DESTDIR installation,
so you can do something like:

  ../configure --prefix=/opt/occam ...
  make
  make install DESTDIR=$HOME/tmp

and you'll end up with stuff in $HOME/tmp/opt/occam that you can tar up.

I wouldn't recommend using --no-std-libs in arduinocc; that's only there
for building forall itself, and will cause mysterious linker error
messages for user programs that do need forall. forall.lib is definitely
available for the AVR.

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>