[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.

Jon Simpson me at jonsimpson.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 19:30:04 BST 2010

Hi Matt,

On 16 Sep 2010, at 17:23, Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:49, Jon Simpson <me at jonsimpson.co.uk> wrote:
>> work I started there. I hesitate to provide a timescale, but I'll be
>> taking a look at it over the next couple of weeks. It's clear that
>
> We haven't, so far, done development on fixed timescales. We've kicked
> this around at various points... certainly, making some aspects of
> how/what/when/why we're working on things more transparent might be a
> good thing.

I guess what I was trying to get across is that it isn't close enough to be a response to Sam's problem. Project-wise there might be a good opportunity to round things up into a release when the NXT and RCX come in, but that's a discussion for developers@ and another day.

>> pair when considering uploading, and his `brickload' tool does already
>> support interactions with the RCX and NXT over bluetooth on Mac, Linux
>> and Windows - ease of integration was the consideration in approaching
>
> That makes total sense. I've been watching the commit list re: NXT work.
>
> What does MCD stand for? (I've been too lazy to dig it up.)

MSD, mass storage device... Because the NXT presents itself as a device over USB, when the TVM is running a device-specific driver for it would be needed for host communication. By appearing as a mass storage device, no driver is needed and uploading should be reduced to a file copy operation.

Regards,
Jon

Sent from my iPad