[C.CC USERS] Compiler erorrs.

Jon Simpson me at jonsimpson.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 16:51:21 BST 2010

Hi Matt,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Matt Jadud <matt at concurrency.cc> wrote:
> Does anyone know: with the Windows build, are we shipping a *current*
> TVM to the RCX where we should be shipping an *old* TVM?

The new TVM has never been built down into an srec, so there's no way
we could be shipping it to the RCX. There may be some outstanding
issues with 0.9.1.

Sam, apologies if these seem relatively obvious, but have you
downloaded the Transterpreter onto the brick using the menu options.
(the screen should say 0042 if it has been succesful).

If this is the case, ensure that you have pressed the 'Prgm' button to
put the RCX into what we call 'upload' mode - which lets the brick
know to expect your code. It's important that the target in JEdit is
set to lego, and that the IR tower is properly aligned. To run the
program, hit the green button.

The document Matt mailed earlier has a good coverage of the
compile-edit-run cycle for the RCX in Chapter 1.

The Native Transterpreter paper was chronologically quite early in the
user-facing development of the RCX API and tools - as you've already
seen, there are differences in the final code. Matt's PDF is a good
starter resource, but there's also a comprehensive set of API
documents for the RCX libraries included with the TVM install (open
the documentation page, and it's linked, or try <INSTALL
LOCATION/docs/rcx/index.html. If you're relatively happy with occam
syntax, the source itself is in <INSTALL LOCATION>/lib/rcx/ and is not
too terribly structured, although some things with FFI in there will
be alien.

Hope this helps,
Jon