[C.CC USERS] when would windows version be ready?

Dave Gilmore gilmorenator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 06:23:20 BST 2010

On 9 July 2010 04:37, June Kim (김창준) <juneaftn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello

Hi There :-)

> Windows binaries are underway, and packaging for Linux will follow. Expected
> completion: June 2010.

Yup we know that June has been and Gone, but I can assure you we are
working as fast as we can to get the binaries completed,
We want to make things as easy as possible for everyone but this all
takes time - it will be worth the wait :-)

> I don't see windows binaries downloadable. What are the alternatives
> currently and when would it be ready?

I can't give you an exact date of when they might be ready - If
everything goes to plan then it should be within weeks rather than
months or years.
The alternative is to download and build from source, you can find
everything you need at [1]
I know it looks a little daunting when you first look at it, but once
you've done it you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.
This will also contribute to our testing efforts of the package so let
us know how you get on if you choose this path, and if you get stuck
just ask here and someone will help you out,

Hope that helps

Thanks,

Dave

[1] http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/wiki/WindowsDistribution