[C.CC USERS] possible to drive 3 servos with concurrency at this stage?

Matt Jadud jadudm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 02:35:42 BST 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Laurence Laycock <rencio7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But is it possible right now to run 3 or more?

Hi Laurence,

My suspicion is we have a bit more PWM work to do to support 3 servos
on the Arduino. Specifically, we are currently using the two pins that
run on the 16-bit timer... we have to look at running additional
servos off the 8-bit timers.

There are other ways to do this (eg. using a timer and doing
everything in C "underneath" your occam program), but our concern is
that we will slow down too many other things.

So, the short answer is "not *right* now," but it might be that we can
do as many as six servos on the Arduino... but I'm not sure. (I spent
a lot of hours in the car the last two days, so I'll have to actually
do a bit of research to answer that. Anyone else? Can we set up the
8-bit PWM pins to drive servos?)

Cheers,
Matt