[C.CC USERS] Finally, occam-pi runs

Omer Kilic omer at concurrency.cc
Mon Apr 26 03:27:49 BST 2010

Matt Jadud wrote the following on/at 25/04/2010 22:09:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Dennis Meade <meade.dennis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm building an Arduino controlled robot. At this point, I have occam-pi
>> code running which tests control of the motors. Next step is getting the
>> servos which control the pan'n'tilt to run in parallel. Not to speak of
>> learning occam-pi.

Great news, the fun begins now as you are up and running with the toolchain!

> We have (it looks like) two people who are diving into o-pi for some
> nifty projects. It would be wonderful if their explorations were
> available for viewing by other members of the community. This would
> also make it easier for us to support them.

Agreed, although personally I am not sure what would be the best way to
do this. SVN certainly sounds like the 'simplest' solution but another
alternative is to have a mini sourceforge-like area on the web site
where projects could be shared and other users can comment on things.
The XMOS community site (XCore) has a nice implementation of this model
at [1]. I guess this sort of model could be made nicer if it was linked
to an SVN backend, but then we are looking at something like Trac[2] and
that brings the question: How simple/complicated do we want things to be? :)

Whatever option we go for, it should be simple and easy to use for
people and us, and to determine to optimal solution it would be nice to
hear what others think and what would they be most comfortable with. A
simple SVN based system or a 'project' based web app?

Cheers,
Omer.

[1] http://xcore.com/projects
[2] http://trac.edgewall.org/