[CCC DEV] Dropping Windows, Mac

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Wed Apr 24 19:04:21 BST 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:

> for KRoC from Linux worked pretty well when I last tried it[1], so that
> might be an easier option than preserving the native Windows build if
> anyone still needs Win32 binaries.

I did some reading on that recently, but haven't had time to go further. (I
found it while reading up on MSYS/MinGW.) Getting a Linux machine doing a
cross-build is fine, and something I think we could maintain longer term.
The current build scene is rough.

> It's in the "mingw" branch -- which didn't get merged at the time
> because it involved a truly horrible hack to make CCSP work without
> signals or pipes, but if it's the TVM toolchain you're after then that
> bit can be quietly ignored...

That would probably be the way we'd go; the only reason for doing this
would be to support native o-pi work that lets students do assignments like
(for example) "Life on Mars." We could do it all "in the cloud," but that's
another rewrite/massive project, so a Linux->Windows cross-build is a saner
approach at this time, in my mind.

Cheers,