[CCC DEV] Travis CI?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Wed Apr 24 16:36:33 BST 2013

It worked. It needs a tweak or two yet, but it will do the job, I think.

https://travis-ci.org/jadudm/kroc/builds

You can click on the #1 and see the result of the build. It failed, and
incorrectly reported it succeeded, but given the overhead to get this
working, I'd say this will be worthwhile.

Well, until I find a show-stopper. I don't know why the error code came
back 0 (it used the "fail" function in the script, which should exit with
code 1), but that's small.

I'll continue to explore it in my fork, and will make a request when it
works. A buildbot/CI server is really valuable on multiple fronts. Once we
have it working, anyone can then

1. Fork the repos
2. Make changes.
3. Enable Travis for their fork of the repos (it's simple), and
4. Know whether their proposed merges break the build on a clean system or
not.

More later, when I've figured things out.

(I know it seems like I'm going in 1000 directions at once... I'm not
trying to, per se, but I am trying to get myself in a position to kick of
summer research in a few weeks, which is the general thrust of my poking
and questioning lately.)

Cheers,
Matt