[CCC DEV] occam in the "cloud"

Carl Ritson C.G.Ritson at kent.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 12:00:04 BST 2013

Hi Matt,

While I don't know about Arduino, your general direction seems the same as
the thoughts I had last time I was poking the TVM.  I briefly experimented
with a port to Chrome Native Client, but didn't get round to finishing it.
 Also porting the TVM to Javascript is on my list of cool things to do that
I'll never have time to do.

One thing that needs to be taken care with is appropriate sandboxing of the
compiler.  The occ21 compiler is relatively easy to crash (with malformed
code), and hence could be exploited and used to hijack the host.  Although
I think the probability of this vector being exploited is low in reality.

Cheers,

Carl