[CCC DEV] Meetings?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Sat Sep 17 21:24:04 BST 2011

Hi all,

I got a response of zero on doing regular meetings for the project.
Christian is about to take off on a bike trip, but I know he expressed
interest/desire. Any others?

I'd like to get this in part for Zach, so he has a group to discuss
and work with as he implements multicore scheduling. Also, given the
recent announcements from the Arduino group, we need to decide whether
we're going to try and support their new ARM-based offering:

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2011/09/17/arduino-1-0-arduino-arm-arduino-wifi-and-arduino-leonardo/

It will be a 96MHz machine with a lot of horsepower:

[beginquote]
Arduino Due, a major breakthrough for Arduino because we’re launching
an Arduino board with a 32bit Cortex-M3 ARM processor on it. We’re
using the SAM3U processor from ATMEL running at 96MHz with 256Kb of
Flash, 50Kb of Sram, 5 SPI buses, 2 I2C interfaces, 5 UARTS, 16 Analog
Inputs at 12Bit resolution and much more.

Instead of just releasing the finished platform we are opening the
process to the community early on. We’re going to be demoing the board
and giving away some boards to a selected group of developers who will
be invited to shape the platform while it’s been created. After Maker
Faire, we will begin selling a small batch of Developer Edition boards
on the Arduino store (store.arduino,cc) for members of the community
who want to be join the development effort. We plan a final and tested
release by the end of 2011
[endquote]

Having some regular meetings (and perhaps starting to build some
development momentum) would be useful.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Matt