[CCC DEV] Next meeting next week?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Mon Nov 7 15:09:13 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I need to do a better job of driving meetings forward. I get swept up
in local things, and fail to keep things moving.

We could try and meet briefly this evening. I had some things come up
today, so my morning/afternoon is not going to be normal. (Zach, I
would encourage you to do some hacking and I should be back in time to
join you.)

If we did meet, I'd like to ask whether a better dev environment would
be a good thing? Christian and I have talked in the past about how the
JEdit plugin is 1) a bit of a kludge and 2) not that much fun to
maintain. The best I've been able to come up with is Editra, a
pure-python IDE.

http://editra.org/

It is must lighter, and might be easier for us to work with.

I don't know if I can make an IRC chat this evening, but I thought I'd
kick that question off. When I get to campus, I'll pull the IRC log
and post that to the list as well, and summarize the questions that we
had. I'll also start a separate thread for some updates. (This week,
perhaps, we can be asynchronous.)

Cheers,
Matt