[CCC DEV] possible bug in the Transterpreter-win-dev-20110201.1855

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Fri May 20 00:21:44 BST 2011

Hi aa614,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 05:03, A.Aperribay <aa614 at kent.ac.uk> wrote:
>    When I run this program in the Kent uni transterpreter, from 2008, I
> think, it stops with a deadlock error.
>
>     In fact, the first message was more helpful for me to detect the error,
> at least it gave me a line number, but the problem was that I didn't know
> what kind of error was.

It looks like a deadlock, which I thought we reported more sensibly.

Either way, (1) I recommend downloading the most recent version, and
(2) I don't think your code works. We have no known regression errors,
especially in the core language. The same occam-pi unit tests have
been running since before 2008, and your code does not expose anything
new in the interpreter. I recommend drawing a process network, and
seeing if you really are getting the behavior you think you should be
getting.

If you continue to be stuck, please feel free to use the
users at concurrency list to ask additional questions. We're happy to
help you work through your questions.

Cheers,
Matt