[CCC DEV] Building for Debian/Ubuntu simplified

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Tue Jul 6 23:35:08 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:
> package). To build the package, you then do "dpkg-buildpackage" in the
> source directory and it'll call the appropriate rules and generate the

Good point. And I did poke that with a stick, but because I was
starting with the AVR, I decided it was the more complex route.
Starting with the simpler build, and then specializing, was the
(obvious-in-hindsight) way to proceed.

> basically need to do the same customisation as the .spec file did.
> (I've put the result in distribution/debian, in case anybody wants to
> fiddle further...)

That will be useful. I'll try and get to that before OSCON, or if
anyone else wants to dive into the Debian packaging, that's cool, too.
There is some question as to whether one package should contain both
native and AVR, etc., but that can be discussed as it gets touched.

> I'm not sure any of these are worth fixing for now...

No, but if we wanted to get into the distribution, we'd probably have
to fix them?

Cheers,