[CCC DEV] Building for Debian/Ubuntu simplified

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Tue Jul 6 15:28:56 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:
> The Debian package really should be *very* simple if it's done using the
> normal Debian tools rather than by building a tarball and feeding it

This is made with the Debian tools. I do a build, then move things
into the appropriate places in a directory structure that gets bundled
up with

dpkg --build concurrency ./

It is the RPM that is made with "alien". And, I have the Debian config
files, so perhaps we're closer to "ready-to-go" than I think. I just
know lintian puked up about 300 warnings and errors on my first file,
which I didn't want to deal with.

Moving things to /usr is no problem, and we're using the right tools
to create the package (I think). The only thing I'm not doing is using
the full-monty use-the-Deb-tools-to-checkout-source-and-build-and-etc...

Cheers,
Matt