[CCC DEV] OSCON Prep: Windows Distribution, SVN Commit Rights, Winsparkle Integration

cljacobsen at gmail.com cljacobsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:05:32 BST 2010

On 6 July 2010 12:15, Dave Gilmore <gilmorenator at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 July 2010 01:32, Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Dave Gilmore <gilmorenator at gmail.com> wrote:
> It builds stuff multiple times, for multiple archs. This does not
> help. My best advice is: buy a faster computer :p
>
> It was running on a Virtual Machine so that probably doesn't help :-)

Yeah. What virtualisation software are you using? I hear, though I
have not tested anything, that using SATA rather than IDE for your
virtual harddisks gives slightly better performance in virtualbox.
http://matt.bottrell.com.au/archives/265-Improving-VirtualBox-performance.html

> The big problem with Winsparkle integration that might pop up is that
> the guys have not yet got support for non .exe binaries (ie java
> stuff). Last time I looked (a few months ago) they didn't have this,
> but they might have it now. I think there was a ticket in their bug
> tracker requesting support for non .exe targets.
>
> I had a fish around their site and tickets etc but didn't see anything indicating this or on their Github site - Guess I can just give it a go and see

It was this ticket:
http://winsparkle.org/ticket/4

Seems to have been fixed, but version 0.3 has not yet been released.
There is nothing wrong with us using winsparkle from their repository,
though it might be good to find a specific trunk revision that works
and then stick to that, rather than following trunk blindly.

>>> The Innosetup stuff also needs looked at so if someone can tell me where to
>>> grab that from I can assist Christian or whoever,
> I'll have a look for the repository with the setup bits. I think it
> may still be accessible somewhere.

Right, i've set up a temporary location where you can find the old
release repos. It contains (along with a lot of other stuff) the
innosetup file.
https://ssl.unhosting.org/svn/tmp/transterpreter-releases/

Christian