[CCC DEV] Genuinely confused by cross-build, resulting errors

Matt Jadud jadudm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:27:08 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I'm really confused. I made a build that let my students use
everything in our labs around 1.5 weeks ago, and now  can't build
things and get them to work to save my life. I'm clearly missing
something obvious.

I've attached a bash script that

1. Creates a directory called "opt" in one's home directory (and some
subfolders)
2. Does a clean checkout
3. Does a cross-build as per our cross-build instructions
4. Copies everything into the "opt" hierarchy

When I use those tools to try and build simple programs that leverage
plumbing, I get the following:

[12:17] tmp > arduinocc /dev/null foo.occ
Compiling...
Serious-occ21- cannot open file "forall.lib"
occbuild: Command failed: avr-occ21 -t2 -V -etc -w -y -znd -znec -udo
-zncc -init -xin -mobiles -zrpe -zcxdiv -zcxrem -zep -DEF
F.CPU=16000000 -DEF OCCBUILD.TVM foo.occ

I've attached "arduinocc" and the script that does the build. I'll
keep digging, but this is confusing me. Or, I know I'm missing
something obvious. I'll keep looking. More than likely, I'm missing a
parameter somewhere...

Cheers,
Matt