[C.CC USERS] Problems transfering firmware to arduino

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Fri Mar 29 23:27:17 GMT 2013

Hi Andreas,

This is only partially related; the Mega 2560 is going to be a problem due
to bootloader issues, I suspect.

That said, could you please try the following:

1. In the Arduino environment, open up the IDE, open the Serial Monitor,
and set the speed to 115200.

2. Type "!!!?" (without the quotes) into the text field.

3. Hit the reset button on the Arduino.

4. Hit "Send" on the serial monitor immediately after. (You have, I think,
500ms to hit the button.)

You should get back a bunch of status information from the bootloader. This
will, I believe, include the date the bootloader was compiled.

For both you and Christian, I would appreciate knowing what vintage of
bootloader we're dealing with.

And, a question re: the i386-chroot environment: are you running the JEdit
IDE under Linux? I'm curious what you did to attempt the upload. The error
you're experiencing is an avrdude error. Knowing the command you ran to
attempt the upload would be useful.

Cheers,
Matt