[C.CC USERS] Using Mac for Plumbing Firmware Upload

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Sun Mar 24 14:27:18 GMT 2013

Hi James,

It isn't entirely irrelevant.

I'm going into the lab later today, and will grab my 2560. I'll see what I
can do. It will take me an extra day, though, because my 2560 has a
bootloader on it that is broken: that is, it is impossible to separately
upload the firmware and the bytecode, as my 2560 puts everything at
location 0. That means that

1. I upload a firmware. It goes to location zero, where it should.
2. I upload a bytecode file (compiled occam program). It, also, goes to
location zero... thus, destroying the firmware.

This was a bootloader bug that should be fixed now. However, depending on
the age of Christian's  2560, this could be a problem with its bootloader
as well. We'll find that out as part of this.

We had a fix for this, but it isn't in the IDE.

Cheers,
Matt