[C.CC USERS] Arduino book?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Thu Nov 22 15:22:51 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Inspired by Marino's question...

I've started more than one book. Both have problems/limitations.

I want something useful, that will introduce people to the language and
help them learn how to work with the Arduino. We currently have something
that focuses on the language from a process-oriented point of view, and the
very beginnings of a "cookbook," but it is very, very minimal.

What would be best? My inclination is to

1. Buy one of the standard kits (eg. based on the the Oomlout
tutorials/kit, Sparkfun Inventors Kit, or similar), and
2. Write a project-by-project book that uses that kit.

I need something like this that I can use with students and in my classes,
and not having that book is a limiting factor at this point. My suspicion
is that anything I do for that purpose could serve the community very well
at the same time. For that reason, I'd really appreciate community
guidance/input in terms of what I do and/or in doing it.

Put another way: I think documentation is a killer limitation for us
overall. I still want to fix that.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Matt