[C.CC USERS] libraries

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Tue Jul 31 00:05:23 BST 2012

Hi Pete,

I have not rolled it into the official distribution, but I have a TWI
library for the AVR.

https://github.com/jadudm/Paper-ES-Sensor

I have some code that talks to a 256K EEPROM, which might be instructive:

https://github.com/jadudm/Paper-ES-Sensor/blob/master/eeprom.24LC256.module

and, a TWI library. Apparently, I was on my third go-round re: implementation.

https://github.com/jadudm/Paper-ES-Sensor/blob/master/twi3.module

If you drop that in a directory with your code, you can write

#INCLUDE "twi3.module"

and it will be pulled straight in.

My library is 1) slow, 2) probably/possibly correct. I have used it to
set and pull time information from the Chronodot[1], so it works well
enough to do that. You can see the usage of the library in
firmware.occ:

https://github.com/jadudm/Paper-ES-Sensor/blob/master/firmware.occ

Improvements can be submitted against that GitHub repository, I
suppose, and when everyone stops traveling, we can look at pulling
that directly into the Plumbing codebase. I consider nothing in that
library sacred, and it represents my first real exploration of TWI, so
I wouldn't be surprised if there were better ways of doing things.
Feel free to make suggestions/submit patches/rewrite it as
twi4.occ/etc.

Feel free to ask questions, and let us know what we can do to help.

Cheers,
Matt