[C.CC USERS] TVM can not load an occam program on an Arduino MEGA 2560 board

Christian Jacobsen cljacobsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 16:14:16 GMT 2011

On 4 November 2011 15:50, Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:19, Pierre-Yves Lucas
> <pierre-yves.lucas at univ-brest.fr> wrote:
>> I am wondering if the tvm machine reads the occam code at the wrong
>> memory address.
>>
>> I need some help please in order to go further in my work.
> Christian: my weekend is bad (I have a college roommate visiting for
> several days), but could we push a fix into the tree that helps
> Pierre?

Hi Pierre,

I have committed the ihexmerge.py script into the main repository and
it can be viewed (online) here:
http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/browser/kroc/trunk/tvm/arduino/scripts/ihexmerge.py

I have not hooked it into the plumb script, but I have some notes in a
previous mail in which I detail the steps required to use the script
(which is now in the repository):
http://www.concurrency.cc/pipermail/users/2011-April/000370.html

And here is some clarification from some previous off list
correspondence about the same issue:
>> Oh I see.  So if I am using a Seeeduino ATMEGA 2560 board on
>> Mac OS X where is the hex file for the firmware located?
> It is in the package. If you right click on the Transterpreter app,
> you get an option that is called 'Show Package Contents', click it. A
> folder will open and navigate to:
> "Contents/Resources/arduino/tvm/firmware". You might want to copy the
> appropriate hex file out of here so it is easier for you to get at in
> the future.

I hope that helps you in the short term. Longer term we need to think
about if and how we incorporate this fix in an easier to use way.

Regards,
  Christian