[C.CC USERS] Plumbing serial interface on Arduino Uno

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Thu Jan 20 22:46:42 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 16:41, Steve Pretty
<steve.g.pretty at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have sorted out my problem with serial output from "Plumbing" programs
> running on the Uno.

Someone give this guy commit rights. I, clearly, am no longer needed,
and my work is done here.

:)

> The trick is to set the arduino to run at half the speed you want it to run
> at.  Half of 57600 is 28800 - and when I tried that, all worked as expected.
>  Here is my test code, which tries all the serial.write PROCs.

So, to answer Christian's (off-list) question from earlier: we can go
ahead and do a push of the current build (which addresses a number of
issues), and cycle around and see if we can do better w/ USART
handling on the Uno later. This serves as a temporary fix, and can be
documented... somewhere... until we fix it behind the scenes.

> An observation - the int and int32 PROCs produce output in hexadecimal. They
> use lower case for a to f. occam requires uppercase - something that might
> be worth changing?

That should be a simple matter of changing constants in
printing.module or similar.

In printing.module, you can change line... well, find the two
occurrences of "abcdef", and change them if you like. I've committed
this change to the repository (Rev. 7137). The repos change is
untested... but I don't have the tools in front of me to do the test.
If someone could check that rev, and do a serial.write.int(TX0, 42) to
see if 0x2A comes out as 0x2A, that would be great.

Thank you, Steve.

Cheers,
Matt