[C.CC USERS] ATMEGA 1280 Issues

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Wed Feb 9 15:42:14 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 07:05, cljacobsen at gmail.com <cljacobsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never tested with a mega myself. I have a Mega 2560 that I
> should test with, which I should get around to doing. :)
>
> I'll report back unless Matt beats me to it.

We should generate a new firmware for the 2560, technically. The 1280
VM will *probably* run unmodified. The occam-level code should,
though, be identical: the registers/etc. will be the same, except that
there is more flash.

I have a 1280, but it's installed in a piece of art. We should
discuss, at some point, whether I want to (say) give a student an
opportunity to do a project in hardware/software testing, where part
of their work is to build a rig of every platform we support, and
develop a way to automatically test every board and all our code.
(This would, I think, be Rather Difficult, and Not To Be Lightly
Undertaken.) Regardless, it is annoying (mostly for people like Paul)
that we don't have every board around.

As long as Paul doesn't find out where we live, we're fine. :)

Cheers,