[C.CC USERS] Concurrency Beginner Questions.

Aaron Ryan amrphoto1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:36:22 BST 2010

Hello,

I am very excited to have found the Concurrency Project. However, I am
having some problems getting things to work correctly.

Here is my problem:

I am working through the examples in "Plumbing For the Arduino" and when I
load the first program "heartbeat()"
I get a blinking LED on pin 13 that blinks in rapidly decreasing intervals
until it goes out completely.  Imagine a ping-pong ball between a paddle and
the table that accelerates its bounce as the paddle gets nearer the table.

None of the other programs or combinations of programs produce any different
results.

Actually, now, after loading the Blink sketch from the Arduino IDE, I cannot
get Transterpreter to replace it with occam-pi code, even though the
compiler (jEdit plugin) says that it uploaded successfully.

Hardware:

BBB Arduino Clone w/Atmega328

Mac OSX.5.8

Mini-USB uploader, from Arduino.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this project has incredible
potential.

Also, after reading your blog post regarding GSoC involvement, it would be
great if there was a forum where a historical record of questions and
answers could reside.

Last thing...any news when the Concurrency Boards will be available?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Aaron M. Ryan