[CCC DEV] Arduino IDE 1.5 3rd party hardware/toolchain support

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Sun Apr 28 18:11:07 BST 2013

I've been lurking on the Arduino developers list for a while.

1. I think it's C/C++ centric. That is, they don't assume novel toolchains,
per se.
2. It requires a native build of the whole toolchain. So, we still need to
1) compile the compiler for Windows/Mac/Linux, 2) compile the Python
scripts for Mac/Windows/Linux, and 3) compile the Perl scripts for
Mac/Windows/Linux.

I'm looking to get away from building native toolchains, because I don't
have the bandwidth to keep up on all the native builds.

Given more time and more monkeys, maybe. But, it isn't likely at this stage
for me to invest time this way. I'd have to be swayed.

Cheers,
Matt