[CCC DEV] Site migration (step one)

Christian Jacobsen cljacobsen at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:48:34 BST 2012

On 21 May 2012 17:34, Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Jon Simpson <me at jonsimpson.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'd suggest keeping all the large binaries/images in git anyway (PDF's etc, from a quick look at the commits) - it makes the site self contained and removes any barrier to contribution. Git handles binaries well, although very large assets
>
> Groovy.
>
> I didn't say it before, but thanks, Jon, for that transform. It
> actually inspired me to play with Octopress this spring, and made it a
> lot easier to then sit down, look at the site, and understand what was
> going on. (In other words, I learned about Jekyll, etc.)

I looked at using Jekyll for a website recently and actually abandoned
it in favour of Hyde :)

I'm not saying that we should be using Hyde for the concurrency.cc
stuff, but just thought I'd let people know that there is work going
on on alternatives that are, in my opinion, a lot better.
Unfortunately Hyde probably still requires a little bit of work before
it is really ready for primetime, but it looks reasonably active and
like it might 'get there'.

Oh, and did I mention that Hyde is written in Python? ;)

  Christian