[CCC DEV] Leon and Microblaze port

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Mon Apr 2 14:19:41 BST 2012

Hi Jonas,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:38, Jonas <jonas.scheveneels at gmail.com> wrote:
> My colleague and I are trying to port the transterpreter virtual machine to
> the Xilinx microblaze and Leon Sparc softcores, we have however encountered
> a problem
> while compiling the source of the transterpreter. In the file mem_array.c we
> get an error telling us that ptr is not an integer and can't be used to
> index an array as well as a warning
> about the function check_addr(ptr) saying that it casts a pointer to an
> integer.

To be up front, I'm not familiar with the SPARC soft core, so I do not
know what, if any, issues may be coming about from compiler-specific
issues here.

And, second: I believe that this code is still considered "good,"
meaning "live," meaning "it has not suffered from bitrot." If someone
else in the group could second that, it would be nice.

That said... are you using "trunk"? I thought we had done work some
time ago that got rid of all of the POOTER types? I am concerned that
there is still a POOTER running around in the code... as, they went
away a few years ago. In which case... perhaps that piece of code is
old, and needs updating.

Thoughts from other members of the team?

Cheers,
Matt