[CCC DEV] Fwd: Questions, regular meeting?

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Sun Sep 18 20:14:58 BST 2011

Hi all,

Forwarding Fred's reply...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred Barnes <F.R.M.Barnes at kent.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:15
Subject: Re: [CCC DEV] Questions, regular meeting?
To: Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com>

Hi Matt,

Sorry about the lack of a sooner reply, this has been festering in my
inbox (interrupted by an open-day and, very soon, welcome week and FLL
launch).

> 1) Zach will be blogging at
>
> http://www.rockalypse.org/blogs/plumbing/
>
> and tagging things #TVM scheduling. You can follow that tag if you're
> interested to see what he's doing.
>
> 2) We have some questions about C structures and pointers; we're a bit
> stumped. We're trying to create multiple TVM contexts, but share data
> between them (for the moment). This may be a bad idea; would some
> members of the team be willing to look at his most recent post and
> drop a line (here is fine; no need to have discussions in the post
> comments, necessarily) if you have any thoughts?

I can't immediately see why it shouldn't work -- given what Zach's saying,
I'd check that the structures ("ea[..]") themselves are properly allocated.
It sounds like they may be overlapping or similar.  Printf the addresses
of the execution contexts and check they make sense..

> 3) Christian and I had discussed a while ago the idea of setting up a
> regular (weekly or bi-weekly) dev chat on IRC or similar. Would there
> be interest? It would be great (especially from my perspective) as it
> would give Zach a place to talk about the work he's doing and ask
> questions. If you're interested, what times might work best for you?
> (I'm thinking bi-weekly, 30 minutes to an hour tops.)

A bi-weekly chat on IRC would work for me.  I'm allegedly free all day
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday;  plus Tuesday PM and Friday PM.  Classes
haven't been allocated yet though.

Cheers,

-- Fred