[CCC DEV] Trunk is broken

Fred Barnes F.R.M.Barnes at kent.ac.uk
Thu Dec 29 19:25:23 GMT 2011

Hi Matt,

> The CCSP build in trunk is currently broken.
>
> I configured with --prefix and --program-suffix for a CCSP build on
> Ubuntu 11.10.
>
> > ./configure --prefix=/home/reynoldsm/usr --program-suffix=-ccsp
> > make
>
> reynoldsm at ubuntu:~/svn/kroc$ uname -a
> Linux ubuntu 3.0.0-14-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 21 20:34:47 UTC
> 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I may dig into this, but if it doesn't slow down my current
> exploration, it will slide for a few days.

My argument would be that Ubuntu is broken.  See some stuff I added to this
page a few days/weeks ago:

    https://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/wiki/DebianInstallation

KRoC isn't the only software affected by this change -- google suggests a lot
of other things were too.  The right fix (correctly ordered dependencies) is
probably too much hastle and effort.

I suspect you'd see the same problem on the stable branch of KRoC too.

Cheers,

-- Fred