[CCC DEV] Ideas on work stealing multicore scheduler for tvm

Matt Jadud matt at jadud.com
Fri Aug 19 19:10:13 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 14:04, Zachary Williams <williaz at allegheny.edu> wrote:
> more then one core (on the linux x86 machine I am using) would be to
> just run a TVM context for each core using pthreads. This would give

Our assumption/hope is that we should be able to break the scheduler
out fairly cleanly across the multiple contexts, thus impacting the
TVM codebase minimally.

> back end).  This is still very up in the air and if anyone has any
> ideas please let me know.

Or, depending on the state of tock, it might make sense to look at
implementing the API it expects and supporting the native route
through C? (I forget where these things got to.)

And, Zach: I added your other email address to the list, so everything
should go through in the future.

Feedback/thoughts appreciated,
Matt