[CCC DEV] Failing to build kroc for AVR

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Mon Apr 4 10:36:28 BST 2011

"cljacobsen at gmail.com" <cljacobsen at gmail.com> writes:

> [...] so we have just worked around the fact that the avr build does
> not complete successfully.

The AVR build *should* complete successfully -- we put a lot of effort
into making it do so back in 2009, hence time.module, etc. If the
cross-build fails, something is broken (not necessarily just for AVR)
and needs fixing.

In this case, the AVR build was broken by this commit:
  http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/changeset/7106

useful.module only depends conditionally on file.module, and it already
has a correct test for it in its configure.ac (line 21). Carl, can you
remember what the problem you were trying to fix there was?

Thanks,

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>