[CCC DEV] [Developers] TekTiles Arduino Plugin - Object Orientated Hardware with Emulation Support

cljacobsen at gmail.com cljacobsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:17:11 BST 2010

On 4 October 2010 18:20,  <jamescaska at muvium.com> wrote:
>> For us, the question would be how to have
>> a native occam program talking to the Java environment
>
> Do you have a port of your interpreter in java?

Nope. It would probably not be a hard thing to do, but I doubt anybody
would like to maintain it. Ideally one would be able to do something
with a C to JVM compiler[1] in which case most of the hard work might
be able to be contained in a wrapper that would then be quite
standalone... though I'm just guessing, I've never tried any of those
tools.

It is some very cute stuff you got going there though.

 Christian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Virtual_Machine#C_to_bytecode_compilers