[CCC DEV] [C.CC USERS] Problem with file module in latest Mac TVM build?

Jon Simpson me at jonsimpson.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 17:25:34 GMT 2010

On 22 Nov 2010, at 17:12, Matt Jadud wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:14, Jon Simpson <me at jonsimpson.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I hace uploaded a possible fix. Anyone care to give it a spin?
>
> This does not seem to work for me.
>
> Slightly different error on 10.5.
>
> Warning: multiple definitions of global name 'read.raster.ppm'
>        Old symbol is from
> ../../../../../../../../modules/raster/libsrc/io/ppmread.occ(/Users/jadudm/Apps/Transterpreter.app/Contents/Resources/posix/tvm/lib/rasterio.lib),

This message is due to the PPM loading routine being migrated into raster - it doesn't break anything (we'd delete the read.raster.ppm from the mars-sim.occ, but since it's harmless and we might break older setups, pragmatism dictates we're just ignoring the message...)

> line 91.Coulter:life_on_mars-20091129 jadudm$ ./mars
> Failed to open library occam_tvm_file:
> dlopen(/Users/clj/work/kroc/kroc-trunk/distribution/osx/install/lib/tvm/liboccam_tvm_file.dylib,
> 2): image not found
> Failed to load/decode ./mars.tbc
> tvm: failed to load user bytecode.

Since I believe CLJ fixed this by making occPlug append the path of the TVM install to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (Commit #7093), I'd imagine for it to work from a console you'd have to have an appropriate DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH exported that included the libraries, which would then produce the error below (ideally...)

> That is when run from the command line. When run under the JEdit
> environment, I get
>
> "Cannot find image ... Did find: .../liboccam_tvm_file.dylib: unknown
> required load command 0x800000022"

This suggests that the file dylib is somehow built for 10.6+ again - the 0x8...22 error is to do with a command in the 10.6 linker which isn't in the 10.5 linker.

Cheers,
Jon