[CCC DEV] Floating point on Arduino...

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Wed Jun 9 20:30:15 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:40:21PM -0400, Matt Jadud wrote:
> The UAV project is nice because it has some real mathematical
> motivators built into it, so either getting FP emulation working (if
> not in the category of the impossible) or binding to <math.h> in
> avr-libc are nice additions (in general) and very necessary in the
> short-run.

As best as I can tell, FP emulation should work fine (once we can feed
it some numbers other than 0 to work with); it'll just be slow. If the
avr-libc implementations are significantly quicker and performance is a
problem, it'd probably not be too hard to modify forall to call them
through FFI in the helper functions that implement FP operations...

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>