[CCC DEV] [C.CC USERS] FFI/Servos/Branch

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Mon Jun 7 15:02:27 BST 2010

Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> writes (in a commit message):

> I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to go. We could tag the trunk
> at stable points, and let it remain unstable... or, we could branch,
> and explore there.

The rule of thumb that I've applied in the past is that if a piece of
work may result in the tree being in a non-working state at some point,
I'll create a branch for it, else I'll just do it in trunk. Trunk is
allowed to be broken but only in subtle and unpredictable ways. ;-)

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>