[CCC DEV] Make system for Arduino question

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Sat Jun 5 20:43:29 BST 2010

Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> writes:

> Was there anything standing in the way of integrating the AVR/Arduino
> into the build "properly," or was it something we just never did?

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is the need to
pass TARGET_CFLAGS etc. into subdirectories when they're being
configured for the target.  This should be easy enough; it just needs
some tweaking to occam-subdirs.m4.

This came up in a meeting a couple of weeks ago, when Jon (I think)
suggested that the build script should know about the appropriate flags
for each target, so you could do something like "./build arduino".
Having thought about it a bit further, this sounds like an eminently
sensible idea.

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>