[CCC DEV] The overloaded word "pin"

Matt Jadud jadudm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:36:05 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Martin Ellis <ellism88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know the "pin" is the wrong name but if we want to convert arduino
> users I think we should stick with it.

Yeah. That's probably the right answer. /me sighs.

> In the pin mapping how about having something like "chip.pin"

The mapping function is mostly internal, so a sensible name is mostly
for library developers.Using chip.pin for parameter/variable names
throughout the code where a pin on the chip is intended would be a
good convention. Likewise, using board.pin whenever a pin on the board
is intended. This would serve as an instant indicator to readers of
the API/code what was meant.

Thank you. We've been talking a lot about code
organization/naming/etc., and after a while you just start to go nuts
with semantic juggling. :)

Cheers,
Matt